Guide for intercultural partnership
7 4. Other aspects of the Intercultural Partnership
7.5 Experiences and recommendations from the Joint Staff Events
The main experiences and recommendations, extracted from the Joint Staff Events are as follows:
- Joint staff events are a good mean of exchanging scientific ideas between the participants from the different countries.
- Several similarities and differences could be observed, which help to better identify own weaknesses and strengths.
- JSEs offer also the framework of exchanging different views and modalities of work, as well as specific technical and cultural approaches of each country.
- The brokerage of project ideas represents a premise for building new project proposals.
- Among other topics, interesting discussions were about the MOOC for the textile and clothing field.
- We realized that our working teams are compact and willing to work together. The team members got better self-confidence.
- The best thing about Joint Staff Events was that a greater number of members of national research teams could come together.
- The ides presented at JSE were versatile and enhance the knowledge/experiences of a larger group.
- Many differences, but also similarities between the partner institutions/country enlarge the joint potential of the whole consortium.
- JSEs present an important and efficient forum for harmonizing delicate issues and finding best solutions.
- JSEs present the opportunity to know and understand the partner institutions, cities, regions and culture better.
- It would be recommended that also the students/participants of the courses could be part of the JSEs. In such a way, we could get important information directly from the target group.
- JSEs shell be recommended also for the future similar projects.
Figure 21: The main focus of the Advan2Tex project were motivated and curious trainees